Wow it has been a crazy week! On Wednesday we began our long trip back to Utah. It seemed like we packed almost everything we own--our car was completely packed! Our first stop was South Bend, Indiana where Ryan had an interview with a residency program. We had a lot of fun there and they have an amazing program. Ryan spent most of the day Thursday interviewing and the kids and I were able to spend the day with Emilee Wells and the girls. We had so much fun visiting with them. We got a driving tour of South Bend--it is beautiful! We drove by Notre Dame's campus and passed the football practice field and I couldn't resist getting a picture for Ryan (not a bad picture for sticking my camera through the blacked out fence). After Ryan finished interviewing we were back on the road--next stop Omaha, Nebraska.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Road Trip
We left Omaha around 9:15am on Saturday morning and headed to our final stop--Highland, Utah! This was the day I was dreading. Traveling over 900 miles and 14 hours with 2 kids---talk about crazy!Well actually the kids were angels, they were perfect--way better than I could have asked for! Jack had his leap pad with a new Thomas game and movies to entertain him and Macie--sweet Macie did not have one crying spell, not one! She was happy to look around at all the big trucks, listen to me read her stories and sleep--she was SO good! We had some good stops in the middle of no where and saw more cows than people--Nebraska and Wyoming are exciting places. We pushed through and finally made it to my Mom and Dad's house around 1am and Ryan and I were ready for some good sleep.
What a road trip---long but not as bad as I expected. All I can say is that it is good to be in Utah--I have missed the mountains!
Posted by Ryan, Candace, Jack and Macie at 11:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Wow you guys are brave. How great that you were able to see Sue and Marv, they look GREAT!!! And the fact that your kids were good, whew, you guys are seriously lucky. I hope you have fun here, are you doing anything exciting?
It makes me laugh about Jack and his encounter with the real trains. Good luck with the rest of interviews!
So glad to hear that the kids did so well in Utah. Enjoy your time with family!
(Grandma Sue) - SO happy the kids were so good for you on the trip to Utah. It must have been their good "Omaha rest". The pictures are fun to look at, and we have some great memories to lean on when lonesome.
Yay! So glad you made to Utah safe and sound! We miss you guys! Happy Halloween!
It was so fun to see you guys! I'm so glad you made it safely and happily to Utah. What a trip! Whew!
Glad you guys made it to Utah, I had so much fun seeing you, I posted some of our pics on my blog. Hope we get to see you guys in January, we will be here, so whenever you want you can visit, stay or whatever.
Hey, I think we saw you at the BYU game today. You guys were just a few rows in front of us. Too bad BYU won :)
Post a Comment