Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Apple Picking

Yesterday our ward had a FHE activity to go to McQueen's Orchard and pick apples. It was so much fun! We have lived here in Toledo for over 3 years and this was our first time going to pick apples. Jack was so excited--he was talking about it all day! When we got to the trees Jack took off running looking for apples to pick. It was so fun to watch him get so excited over something so simple--I guess we don't get out enough. I feel like I have been trapped inside for the last two weeks because the kids have been sick so it was really nice to be outside and enjoy the wonderful fall weather. Macie did really well and was more interested in eating the leaves than picking the apples. Actually these days she is willing to put just about anything in her mouth (she is working on her first tooth). Here are a few of the pictures from our fun night out as a family.
It is nearly impossible to get a good picture of both Jack and Macie at the same time--but Jack did his best to hold Macie and smile while sitting on pumpkins--Not bad.
Check out this face! Is he cute or what!? He was so proud of himself when he picked his first apple. Jack and Ryan climbing up the ladder to get the apples. I think Jack was a little excited--look at the cheese on his face.Macie loves being outside. She is such a fun, sweet baby--but she is definitely a mama's girl.
Here we are in front of the giant ladder that we climb to get the apples. It's a good thing that none of us are afraid of heights.

Jack was showing us how strong he is by lifting the bag of apples. We actually only took home half of that thanks to the Felts. There is no way we would be able to get through that amount of apples. Ryan has been hinting for days that he wants apple pie--I guess I don't have an excuse not to make one now that we have plenty of apples.

8 comments:

Grandma Sis said...

Your pictures are so cute and it really looked like you had a great time. Interesting how little things seem to be more fun than things that cost money. By the way, Jack sure looks like his dad did as a little boy. Cute family!

Love, Aunt Sis

Amy said...

Candace, I can't believe how big Macie looks, she all the sudden has so much hair, how fun. Glad you guys had a good time, it's true, such simple things make our kids smile, isn't it the best.

Emilee said...

Oh--I love MacQueens. How fun you got to go pick apples. And your kids get cuter and cuter. Lucky Slaters!

dockters said...

I love that close up picture of Jack!! He looks so proud of his apple!! What a fun night! Glad you guys are all feeling better over there!

Pessoa Fam said...

How fun! We also went to an apple orchard this last weekend. Perfect fall activity. I can't believe how big Jack and Macie are getting. They are so cute.

Julie said...

Cute, cute kids! (OK, the parents aren't bad either). Glad you got to go and enjoy one more little piece of Toldedo. You will be gone and missing it before you know it!

Sue said...

(Grammie Sue) - Those pics are the best! It made us so lonesome for you! That is my kind of activity! That pic of Jack with his first apple is worth framing!I just can't believe Macie! She looks so much older than 10 months. What a cutie. I think she may look like her Mommie when she was a baby? We can hardly wait to see you in Omaha in two weeks!

Haylee Williams said...

Jack and Macie are sooo cute!