Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day weekend was so nice. Ryan had the entire weekend off and we were able to spend some much needed break time together as a family. We spent a lot of time outside--this spring is definitely the best we have had here in Ohio weather wise. We made a trip to the zoo and the animals were definitely entertaining. The otter was swimming all over the place and Jack kept chasing it back and forth. Jack got a kick out of the mother elephant trumpeting at her calf. He even got to pet some miniature goats--one of them actually turned and head butted Jack and he just started to laugh.

We have been promising to take Jack to 2 Toots--a little restaurant here in Toledo where they use an electric train to serve your food. It is a really cute idea but the food is disgusting! We had been warned about the food but really how bad could a hot dog be...really really bad! I think the next time we go will be for dessert only. It is a really fun atmosphere and Jack of course loved it but never again will I eat that greasy junk again!
And to top off the excitement we cut Macie's hair. I have been meaning to do it for a while now but I finally did it. It was so long on top and I couldn't ever get it to lay down so I just cut it. I was sad, I think that I cut it a little too short but Ryan has reassured me that once we put a bow in her hair it will be fine. And he is right--she is so cute! I know I say that a lot but she is such a fun, fat and happy baby.





Macie's first hair cut

9 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Thanks for the heads up on 2 Toots. Erik has been nagging me incessantly to take him there.

brittani c. said...

Mmmm. Hotdogs. Another reason why that sounds like a good place to eat at (please know that I'm being sarcastic here). Glad you had a fun weekend with the whole family. I don't think Jack will ever outgrow the elephant thing. :)

Amy said...

Look at Macie just getting so big all the sudden, wow time does fly. Glad you had a good weekend, looks like tons of fun.

reno and mel said...

Oh my heck! That is so funny, I love Macie's haircut. She is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Tyler keeps insisting that we go there for his birthday and I don't know if I can bring myself to do it! Nasty, but what can you do?

Sandi said...

That's kind of like Chucke Cheese. We went there for Ava's b-day. The kids need to experience it but the food is super scary! I guess it's worth it.:)

Shelly and Ken said...

Luckily, we had been warned before we went so we just got a couple hamburgers to split. 2 hamburgers split among 5 people and we still didn't finish. So gross! Our kids loved the train though and have asked when we will go back (I would be happy never to go again).

Sue said...

I just checked your blog. That is such a cute video of Jack petting the goats! I would have loved to see the goat's head-butt to Jack. And that ever-so-cute Macie! We can hardly wait to see all of you!!!

Heather and Trevor said...

That little outfit she is in is killing me! She is soooo cute! :) We also cut Emma's hair very early.....Gotta Love it! Glad you had a great time! :)