Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Cabin Fever

Today I realized how much I'm looking forward to warmer weather when we can go to the park or the zoo or just be outside. I don't know about anyone else, but I am ready for some Spring weather. And temperatures just above freezing in the middle of March is not cutting it. Since we're stuck inside so often, Jack has had to find ways to get his exercise. He has so much energy, and Ryan and I just stare at each other and wonder where he gets it all. Jack has become quite creative. Our couch is no longer just a soft cushion for our back ends. It is also a wonderful trampoline, and it can quickly be turned into an effective fort (which Jack calls a house - sad it's the first house he's lived in). Speaking of houses, Ryan has gotten a little ahead of himself as he has recently been looking at some homes online. We're at least a year and a half away from gettting a house, but I guess it can't come soon enough. And I guess it doesn't hurt to dream a little. Here's hoping for Spring soon!



Jack working on his vertical


Jack's House

4 comments:

Amy said...

Your little Jack is so dang adorable. It was so nice the last couple of days to have warm weather, but here we are today with dreary yucky rainy blah. I too am way excited for spring, it can't come fast enough. So tell my cute cuz Dr. Ryan hi. I am so glad you guys are blogging, now we really can keep up on each others families. Your kids are precious.

brittani c. said...

Sorry to barge in on here, but I'm glad you made it to the blogging world! I'm ready for warmer weather too. It's been too depressing the past few months with this drab weather.

Sue said...

I am so happy that I could perfectly see Jack in my mind as he "flies" through the air from sofa to sofa, and builds his "house". I am sorry you have
"cabin fever". Soon enough it will be sweaty, humid, and hot there! No, really, Spring WILL come, and I know you will all enjoy! It must have been fun for Ryan to at least look at houses. It is nice that the end of Med School is in sight!

dockters said...

Sam is practicing his jumping after watching this cute video of Jack!! I'm also so ready for spring!!!! It's been above 50 here in SLC, so it's been such a good break! Just think...you'll be in warm California at Disneyland in no time at all!!