St. Patrick's Day will always been a holiday that reminds me of my Dad. He definitely took the wearing green and pinching thing to the extreme. I have memories of making sure that I wore green to bed on the night before St Pat's Day because if I didn't I would be woken up by a pinch from my Dad. Needless to say that the tradition of wearing green will most likely continue on with my own little family. Jack and Macie were both in green pj's and of course were decked out in green during the day. We had a really nice day playing at the park and enjoying the 70 degree weather.
A St Patrick's Day tradition that comes from my Mom is every year she would make a delicious shamrock pie--oatmeal and brown sugar crust with a scrumptious lime meringue filling---yummy! Well since getting married I had not attempted to make this on, my own because it seemed a little intimidating; but being in the Irish spirit I decided that this was the year that I was going to make it. So with many phone calls to my Mom before and during making the pie I succeeded in my very first shamrock pie. I am so proud of myself. I am not much of a chef but this week alone I have baked homemade bread and made sausage potato soup and now I can add a wonderful shamrock pie!
Jack enjoying his pie--actually I think he is more of an ice cream guy like Ryan, But oh well more pie for me!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
St. Patrick's Day
Posted by Ryan, Candace, Jack and Macie at 2:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I LOVE these pics, so so cute. Your kids are getting so big! ADorable!
Spring is the air! Wow, 70* there, that's amazing! Today is 66* and I am in HEAVEN!! Summer is not too far away...thank goodness! Cute pictures. How cute are your Patty's Day traditions. So fun! We are excited to see you guys here in a little bit. Love you!
Post a Comment