Last week we headed down to Dayton to go to the National Air Force Museum. It was so much fun and way better than we expected--plus it was FREE! There were over 400 planes in 4 separate hangars! Some of the planes were so big--I don't know how they get off the ground.
The big highlight was seeing the B-17 bomber just like the one Grandpa Gunn flew in WWII. It was amazing to picture him flying the plane and think about what he went through as he was shot down and taken prisoner in Germany.
They also have the actual plane that dropped the second A-bomb over Japan.
We had so much fun and hope that we will be able to go back and visit again.


5 comments:
Thats so fun! I bet Jack loved it. I have some bibs and burp cloths for you but they are all packed so I will send them to you when I get to Missouri
What a fun place to go!! We'll definitely have to make it down there...if Jack loved it then I know Sam will love it!
I also love the new picture of Jack and Macie on your blog! They are so cute together!
I had forgotten that Ryan told me that you guys were going to be going down there. It really does look cool.
I haven't heard the story about your Grandpa Gunn. You'll have to feel me in sometime.
My boys would LOVE that, looks like lots of fun. Love your family pic, you all look so dang cute. How are things anyway, how are Sue and Marv, I need to email her. I am so excited for them.
You should have come to see us. We are only about 30 min away. It really is a fun museum and even more so since it is free.
Post a Comment