Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Potty Training!

You will have to forgive me for the small break in blogging. This past week we have begun the potty training adventure with Jack. I must say that the first day and a half I thought I was going to scream! I am not the most patient person in the world so it has kind of been frustrating these past couple of days. But I do have to give the little guy some credit, he has only had one accident in two days--not bad! You may be thinking that I am a little slow with the potty training thing since Jack is already 3 but we figured with Macie joining the family that was a big enough change for Jack and wanted to wait until he had adjusted. He still hasn't quite adjusted but we figured we would go for it anyway--wish us luck. We are taking any and all suggestions for potty training a boy---PLEASE HELP!!


As for Macie she is getting more and more fun every day. Every time she wakes up and I go to get her she gives me the biggest, gummy smile--I love it! I don't know why it is that little people without teeth are so cute and old people with no teeth just aren't. Anyway...it's just so fun to have such a happy baby.



Check out the cutie with the wild hair!

10 comments:

reno and mel said...

Ha! Good luck with that! Jack looks cute in his "big boy pants". Macie is such a chunk! Marli just had her 4 month ck yesterday and weighed in at 15 lbs 3 oz. Macie probably already has her beat!

dockters said...

Sounds like Jack is doing great!! Once you get the whole potty training thing down you'll have to teach me!! I am no help with advice...sorry!

And cute Macie!! I love her smile!!

Sue said...

Way to go JACK! Some more "Big Boys" will be in the mail for him as soon as Grammie goes to the store! I understand you are already loaded up on them, but a few extras never will hurt. He appears to be fairly unconcerned about how "cute" his underwear is :)
That cute little Macie! I just want to get those cheeks and squeeze them! You are so right about what is adorable and cute in a baby, but disgusting on oldies :)

haley said...

ya, once everyone sends you all the advise on potty training boys please pass the knowledge on! kamryn pretty much potty trained herself so i am at a loss with hunter..... good luck- and you have the cutest little girl!!!

Amy said...

OOOOHHHH I dread potty training more than anything. Honestly I would rather go to the dentist everyday of life than potty train. Luckily Taylor was easy, but Dallin is another story. I too waited until they were 3 so I don't think you are late at all, boys tend to be later.

My only advice is reward them, anything they love, tell them they will get when they go. You may have to spend a little, but oh so worth it.

I love Macie's little chubby cheeks, what a sweetie pie. OOOOOOO I could just kiss her. Good luck with Jack, it will be over soon I promise, it just seems to click all the sudden.

Anderson Family said...

We are starting with Chase too so i know what you are going through. I hate potty training. I suggest give him tons of drinks all day long and take him to the bathroom every 15 minutes to a half hour. It is way time consuming but by doing that they can learn quicker to identify that "feeling". Good luck.

Kent and Leisy said...

I agree with lindsay. Pass on the good advice once you figure it out! I love the undies picture.

Jen said...

Good luck with potty training. My theory is just go for it 100%.

We made our blog private, so email me at jenniferneumann@hotmail.com so we can invite you.
-Jen and Brett Neumann

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! What fun! I very much dislike potty training! I am sure that he do great though, he is one smart cookie. I can't believe that Macie is getting so big, so cute!

Emilee said...

What a good big boy! He's doing so well, and I tell you what--if he hadn't already stolen my heart, I would be in love with him from his darling antics in nursery music today. Sweet Jack!