So celebrating Jack's birthday this year was a little different. Ryan was out of town and Jack was sick but we made the most of it. It was actually a nice day here in Toledo. We were able to go out and let Jack try out his new tricycle -thanks Thompson's he loves it! Jack decided that he wanted pizza for his birthday dinner which made it quite a bit easier for me. With Ryan being out of town we were planning on doing most of the celebrating on Sunday when he returned but unfortunately Jack was still sick. We kept things pretty low key and Jack still got his "choo choo" cake.
I was pretty impressed with my cake idea - simple but yummy. The cake basically was made out of ice cream sandwiches, cool whip and oreos - not quite as impressive as Cristen's cake decorating abilities but I am still learning. All in all Jack had a great 3rd birthday and we feel immensely blessed to have him as part of our family. We love him so much and he brings us so much joy!
Sunday, April 13, 2008
3 Years Old!
Posted by Ryan, Candace, Jack and Macie at 11:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Wow, I didn't realize that Jack was born that early, how scary for you guys. But look now and what a precious and sweet little boy you have, he is so adorable. Tell little Jack Happy Birthday, and we love the cake, cute idea.
Jack looks SO cute with his "Thomas" Engine cake. He looks so happy, and yet I know he was very ill. We also had those thoughts about our little Jack. It is too scary to know how critical things were at his birth; but it also helps us to know how very blessed we all are for the miracle we were given early that morning on April ll, 2005. Jack is indeed a loved little boy!!!!
I'm glad Jack had an okay birthday even if it was postponed a little and he was sick. He looks so excited in the picture with his cake. Jon and I missed him in Nursery and we are sad that we won't get to play trains with him anymore in there. Happy birthday (late) Jack!
Judging by Jack's response to the cake, it was a HUGE hit. Happy Birthday little Jack!!
fabulous cake candace! I am way impressed!
Jack is in LOVE with that cake! What a good mom you are! I may just have to get a "train-cake" lesson from you before August hits!
Hey guys! I just wanted to tell you how much fun it was to finally meet you! You guys are great and Disneyland was so much fun. I am terrible, I haven't put any pictures of our trip on our blog yet, but I enjoyed looking at yours. I hope all is well and that Macie is doing better. I haven't gotten the lastest update, so I hope she is doing okay! Jack is so dang cute...3 Years old! What a cute cake, Ryan I bet you made that, huh?=) haha I hope all is well ...We're thinking of you! Talk to you soon!=)
Happy belated Jack! We were thinking of you!
Fun to see pics of Disneyland. I hope you all are feeling better!
Yay! Happy Birthday Jack! I totally remember when you were born and we saw your mommy at BYU gradutaion! Remember that! I was shocked, in a good way! Wow how time flies! Looks like you had a great day! Miss you all!
i totally remember that day... oh, so scary. so glad that story had a happy ending. can't believe he is getting so old! he's probably about as old as cory was when we started "playing"... too funny!
I love, love, love the cake! Can I hire you to do Ty's b-day? I tip really well!
Post a Comment