
I know that it has been forever since our last post and a lot has happened since then so here we go. To leave Toledo for California for spring break - can't get much better than that...but the week before we were supposed to be going to Disneyland Macie gave us a scare. Our sweet little Macie was having problems breathing and had a really nasty cough and congestion. We had to take her to the doctor twice in a week. She was diagnosed with bronchiolitis and we were sent home with a nebulizer. We were afraid that we would need to cancel our trip that we had been looking forward to for months and months. But our prayers were answered and she made big improvements and decided that some warm, fresh California air would do us all some good. It was such a nice change of scenery. We took off on Saturday the day after Ryan's big test. We had a long layover in Salt Lake City and were lucky to spend some time with some of my family and were spoiled with some good old Cafe' Rio.

Thanks Cristen and kids, Mel and Reno - it was fun to finally see Marli, and Cory for coming to see us at the airport. It was fun to see you guys.

We finally made it to California and spent four wonderful days with the whole Slater family. Jack had been looking forward to going to Disneyland and seeing Mickey for months and it was finally here! Our first day in Cali we spent at the beach. It was pretty cool and windy but don't you worry our white Toledo skin still managed to get some sun.

We spent two days at Disneyland and hit the two most important things for Jack--seeing Mickey and riding the train. His face totally lit up when we walked into Mickey's house and saw Mickey. It really was like a dream come true for him, I don't think that we will ever forget it. We are going to have so many great memories from this trip - thank you Slater's (and Shipp's) for making the effort to be there!!

We love Disneyland!!!

13 comments:
Cute Pictures! I'm glad you had fun and that Macey is doing better. I can't wait until we can take our kids to Disneyland or Disneyworld. I'm a little jealous, but I'm glad you had fun.
Ahhhh...DISNEYLAND!! Looks like so much fun! I love the picture of Jack on his tip-toes peaking at the train!
And to see the ocean, too! I'm definitely jealous. I'm so glad that your trip was a good one!
I am so so jealous! looks like it was so much fun! and I still can't believe that jack rode the matterhorn!
How fun must that have been! Glad that Macey felt better before the trip and that Jack loved it. It looks like you had a great time!
Candace,
Your dad mentioned that you were in Disneyland and I was so glad to hear that it was all the Slaters. I'm sure that Aunt Sue was in heaven with all the grandkids together, how dang fun for you guys. I am sorry to hear about Macey being sick, that is so scary especially when they are so little like that. Glad she is feeling better. The pic of her at the beach in her little hat honestly is the cutest thing ever. Glad that Jack had fun, what a fun age to go. Hang in there, and no more getting sick.
I am so glad Macie made a quick recovery. Chase has been on more life flight rides than I care to remember for the very same thing. It's scary when their babies! Cali looked so fun. There is nothing better than Disneyland with your kids!! I'm glad everyone is safe, healthy, and happy!
We're glad to hear that Macie got better! Katelyn went through a scary cough phase too a month or so ago... she would cough so hard that her eyes would roll back and she would stop breathing for a few seconds. I don't think I have ever experienced anything scarier than that. It was a rough few weeks, but she pulled through just fine. Looks like Disneyland was a blast. Fun!
I posted a comment earlier, but it doesn't show. Anyway, the pics are awesome of our Disneyland trip. It certainly makes me wish it were two weeks ago when we were at the "Funnest Place on Earth", and I was with my entire family. That has got to be the closest thing to Heaven! We sure miss all of you. Those little grandkids are the cutest!! I LOVE the train pic with Jack, and Macie is a "model" baby...so beautiful!
So much fun! Glad that everything worked out, that would have been terrible to have to cancel. I am dieing to take the kids there, I think it would be a dream come true for them too...although, they would be much more excited about the princesses.
Okay now I can see Macey's eye definetely look like Jack's, and Jack is getting so big!!! His hair looks so much lighter too, crazy how time flies! Miss you guys! Annie Tanner
Hey Candace! I'm so glad that you found us! Your kids are so beautiful! Congratulations on your little Princess Macey! I hope all is going well! Looks like Disneyland was a hit:) Keep in touch!
i'm jealous! i can't wait for a nice vacation... who knows when that will ever come- but i'm waiting. when are you coming next????
How fun! I need a California vacation. Maybe one day. I'm glad you had fun:)
Post a Comment