So my post is late. We might as well point out one more thing where I cannot keep up with Candace. We did indeed celebrate Mother's Day on Sunday, and from what I observed it was a good one. On Saturday I asked Jack if he wanted to go to the flowers store to get Mom some flowers. He agreed and then subsequently went and asked Mom if she wanted to go to the flower store too. Failed attempt at surprise #1.
The kids and I let Candace sleep in on Sunday, and later took her breakfast in bed. Omelets are always the entree of choice when eating breakfast in bed. It only took me three tries to produce an omelet I felt comfortable serving to Candace. Lucky for me, Jack and Macie didn't care that the first one was burned and the second was too runny. We spent considerable effort trying to wrestle Macie away from Mom's omelet. And Jack thought bouncing on the bed would only add to the excitement of our celebration. So breakfast in bed - sort-of a surprise.
After breakfast we took our time getting ready for church. We had an enjoyable sacrament meeting and then played in the nursery for a couple of hours. (Sorry to all the mothers of the nursery kids - we forgot to do a Mother's Day craft) Failure to attempt surprise.
Earlier in the morning I prepared a pork roast with vegetables. When I say prepared, I mean I bought a prepackaged roast with cut vegetables which also included a seasoning packet. The only "preparing" I did was open the package and dump the contents into the crock-pot and add a cup of water. The result, however, was quite good. Candace seemed very pleased with the dinner which was really bonus points for me. My goal was simply to not have Candace prepare dinner and to somehow make something edible. What I will give myself points on is the strawberry shortcake we had for dessert. I think Candace was very impressed. Mission accomplished.
After dinner we opened some gifts, talked to our moms, and got the kids in bed. Later, Candace subtly told me she had hoped I would do a Mother's Day post on the blog. I responded that I had been planning on doing exactly that all along. I then thanked her for ruining the surprise. She probably didn't believe me, especially since I haven't come through on my "plan" until now - late Tuesday night. But Candace is already asleep and doesn't know I'm doing this. So hopefully tomorrow there will be one more SURPRISE!!!
I'll finish by telling just two things that I love about Candace. First of all, I love the way she takes care of Jack and Macie. I know that sometimes it is really hard, and she does an amazing job. They absolutely adore their mother, and I do too. Secondly, Candace is one of the most unselfish people I know. She is so devoted to me and our family, to her faith, and to her friends. I often times have to force her to take time for herself because all she does is put others before herself. She is a constant example to me of showing people we care about them through our actions. Thank you, Candace for everything you do.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Happy Mother's Day
Posted by Ryan, Candace, Jack and Macie at 1:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Awwwww.....this is so cute you guys! Wow Ryan, I have to say I am very impressed that you would do this. I seriously don't even think that Jake knows how to use a computer, sad huh? Candace is a great little lady and you guys are amazing parents. Glad she enjoyed her day!
What a sweet post. It sounds like you had a great Mother's Day, Candace.
you're cute ryan. i love candace too and i'm glad she had a nice mother's day
So-o nice. I still haven't done my Mother's Day post.
Super fun to catch up! I have to say that I am quite impressed with all you did for Mother's Day, and that you worked so hard to make sure Candace had a good one! I hope it really was nice.
I've been thinking about you all day. And Sophie keeps telling me how much fun it was to talk to Jack. Thanks again for calling her. We love you guys!
Post a Comment