Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween

Halloween was so much fun this year. We celebrated for almost an entire week! My parents left the morning of Halloween to visit my brother in Hawaii so they decided to have a Halloween party on Monday the 26th for all the grandkids. It was so much fun, a little crazy but still a lot of fun!

On Wednesday I took the kids to the clinic where Ryan works for trick or treating. The residents had decorated a bunch of the exam rooms and the kids went from room to room filling up on candy. It was a lot of fun to see the kids of the residents all dressed up in their costumes. We left the doctor's office with both kids happy and smiling, which is a first!

Friday Jack had his own little Halloween party at preschool. I am not sure of all the fun things that they did but he came home with a good amount of candy.

We had such a great weekend! On Saturday we were able to have Ryan's sister Katie come and spend the day with us. We made sugar cookies, had monster dogs and chili, and of course went trick or treating. The kids did really well. It was a little cold but there were no complaints--people were handing out candy for free! We went around the neighborhood with our new best friends the McCarty's. Jack and Jackson have so much fun together and Macie and Miley are like 2 peas in a pod with a whole lot of crazy! It topped off a great week of Halloween and now we are trying to come down from our sugar highs. We LOVE Halloween!!!

How cute are these 3 little girls?

Wow--that's some bright pink hair!

Jack and Jocelyn after their fun little preschool Halloween party.

Have you ever seen a lion riding a scooter?

Wow! Check out that pumpkin!

Jack loves helping in the kitchen, especially when he gets to eat cookie dough!

Frosting cookies with Katie.

Macie and Miley---these 2 where hilarious the entire night! They definitely had way too much sugar.
All dressed and ready to go out for some candy!

Macie can't get enough of Ryan when he is home.

10 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

Macie is ALL grown up! her hair is so long- an she just looks like a different girl! and I can't believe their friend's names are miley and jackson- so close to your kiddo's names! we missed you guys this halloween!

dockters said...

I'm so glad that Ryan was home the whole weekend! What a great Halloween!! Your kids look so cute...and so big!

It was good to chat for just a second this morning. I'm glad Macie pocket called us!!

Kimberly said...

Your kids looked like they had a fun Halloween! They looked so cute in their costumes! Love the pink hair too!

Amy said...

Candace, they look absolutely ADORABLE!! I can't believe how big Macie is getting, what a doll. Sounds like you did have quite the festive week, we love weeks like that! Way cute pics, so good to see Katie too!

Sue said...

(Grammie Sue) My adorable grandchildren! How they have changed since we have been gone! Macie was still a "babe in arms" and Jack a Toddler. Now, he is riding a two-wheeler by himself, and Macie is a regular "little girl"! It was SO fun to see the pics. We are very proud of all of you; and thanks for giving Katie a fun day. She looks so happy! Not too many more holidays until we are home.

The Ziemers said...

Glad you had a great Halloween! Steven has had a really great time in Utah and I'm glad he got to see you guys. Have a great holiday season!

Anderson Family said...

How cute are they!! I can't believe how big they are getting! Hey a side note, my phone crashed and erased all my contacts so i don't have your number anymore. Sorry for trying to get a hold of you on this! :s. Anyway, Kristi, Natalie, Devin if shes in town, and I are getting together for lunch this coming Friday. We are meeting at 11, but we aren't sure where yet. Call me if you can make it. We would LOVE to see you!

Amanda and Ryan McCarty said...

I found you!! I have a great picture of the "Ryans" with Macie and Miley on their shoulders trick or treating. I will have to send it to you.

Annie and Justin said...

Love your family pic and all the darling halloween pictures, we miss you guys!

Julie said...

So, so cute! Looks like fun!