It is hard to believe that a year has come and gone since sweet little Macie joined our family. She has brought so much happiness to our family. She is constantly on the go--she is very much a busy body. She continues to surprise us and make us laugh. There really aren't words to express how blessed we are and how much we love our fun, happy little Macie!
Since returning to Toledo both Jack and Macie have been sick. Not only have the kids been sick but it has been freezing! Nothing like freezing cold temperatures to welcome us home. So anyway between the cold temps and sick kids we decided to have a low-key birthday party for Macie. She opened her presents and let me tell you I think Jack was more excited for Macie's birthday than anyone. He was so cute! The other day we were at the store getting Macie's presents and he picked one out for her all by himself. I will give you one guess what it was---yep it was a train. He was so excited for her birthday to come so Macie could open "Rosie"--she is a pink engine. Of course Macie would be sharing this new train with her brother and maybe one day she will actually be able to play with it herself. But anyway I think she liked the wrapping paper as much as her new toys but I think that will change. Next came the cake and those of you who know Macie or have seen her recently know that she doesn't hold back when it comes to food. I put the cake in front of her and she didn't hesitate to stick both her hands in, grab a handful and shove it in her mouth. By the end of it all she was a little cleaner than we thought she would be but seemed to really enjoy herself. All in all I think she had a good day. We can only hope that tonight she and Jack will sleep a little better than they have the past couple nights.


9 comments:
I can't believe Macie is one already! She is absolutely adorable!! Glad to see you guys had a safe drive back to Ohio :)
It was good to see you today Candace. I hope your kids get feeling better soon. Happy Birthday Macie. I can't believe she is one either. She is such a cutie.
She is such a little doll, happy birthday to a very beautiful baby girl. Wow how the time has flown. Hope the kids get feeling better.
time flies. it's hard to believe she's 1 and I've never even seen her. maybe I'll at least meet her before she goes off to college. Happy Birthday Macie! Good job making such a cute kid candy and ryan.
Happy Bday Macie!! Tell your kids to get better FAST! We are DYING to see them!
There is no way its already been a year! I still feel like she is one of the new babies in the ward. How time flies! Happy Birthday Macie!!
It was so fun to see you in Utah...you look great and your kids are absolutely adorable!!! It will be fun to keep up with you on this blogging thing :)
Cute, cute Macie! She is absolutely darling, and we loved getting to see her again.
Happy Birthday Macie!!! PS, Candace, I have great news, we are not doin Cardiology anymore, we are staying here in Colorado and Jusitn is going to be a hospitalist. I am so excited. He got interviews back from a couple of schools for Cardiology and then after we stewed about it for a couple of weeks he decided not to do Cardiology, crazy huh?
Post a Comment